Last night was girls dinner with Devon, Melissa, Haley and Sue at The Good Knight on the east side of town.
We've been getting together monthly for dinner at different, fun places around Austin for the past year, and it's something to which we all look forward. Even though I see them all often, it is a great time for us all to be together to catch up.
And they surprised me with a No. 2 celebration!
My friends gave me the perfect mommy-to-be gift. Thanks to them, Matt and I are signed up for 3 months of Netflix - perfect to keep me entertained during No. 2's naptimes throughout my maternity leave (when I'm not napping myself, of course).
When I was home with Larkin, I ordered DVR and it helped me maintain some sanity. Now I am super-excited to have Netflix to watch movies and shows.
It was also fun to open some baby gifts for No. 2 and her big sister, too.
Then today I co-hosted a baby shower for my friend Lauren, whose daughter is due in May.
It was a Longhorn theme - just right for Lauren - complete with burnt orange and white flower arrangements, pom-poms, Bevo-decorated cupcakes, a clothesline of Longhorn onesies and a soft, stuffed Bevo.
Lauren received lots of wonderful baby gifts, which was fun to see after taking her to Babies R Us a few weeks ago to register.
A special part of the shower was the Mothers Blessing ceremony at which everyone strung beads on a necklace and spoke words of encouragement to Lauren.
I am so happy that Larkin, No. 2 and Lauren's baby girl will grow up as friends.
0 comments:
Post a Comment