At my 36-week appointment on Friday, my doctor examined me and said I was 2 centimeters dilated and 80 percent effaced.
That's exactly where I was with Larkin at 36 weeks, and I delivered her 5 days later.
So 3 days after my appointment, I am trying to not freak out.
It's late. I know I should go to sleep - I should be asleep - but I'm afraid to go to sleep because with Larkin I went into labor at 2:30 in the morning.
I'm afraid No. 2 is coming sooner rather than later.
I am hyper-sensitive about anything my body does that seems the slightest bit out of the ordinary.
Our house isn't finished, her room isn't finished, I have a ton to do at work and Matt will be out of town until Thursday.
And the season premiere of Lost is finally here. I've been looking forward to it for months.
Please, No. 2, please give me a few more days to get ready for you.
Put your lovin' hand out, baby
I'm beggin'
Beggin', put your lovin' hand out, baby
Beggin' you, put your lovin' hand out, baby
Franki Valli and The Four Seasons
1967
Grandpa said...
February 2, 2010 at 9:04 PM
First, love the Frank Valli quote. :)
Second, you're making me nervous with all this talk and I'm not even the one having the baby! Ahhhh!!!!
Katie said...
February 2, 2010 at 11:00 PM