Who knows what will happen in the next few days, but I am pretty resigned to No. 2 coming in 5 days and not a moment before.
A little bit, I wish she would come on her own rather than us deciding to get her out, but I completely trust my ob/gyn's counsel and am very comfortable with our plan to induce on Monday.
And while I can't wait for her to get here, I am happy to plan toward a date and knock the final things off my to-do list.
This includes stocking up on newborn diapers, breast milk storage bags and Mylicon drops. Hanging pictures on the walls to complete the finishing touches to our new house addition. Getting a couple of things framed for No. 2's room. Googling tips for introducing a new baby into a family with an older sibling.
Most of all, I am getting very excited to meet my new daughter. Things I can't wait to do with her:
- Hold her for the first time
- Introduce her to big sister Larkin
- Look over at her (hopefully sleeping peacefully) in the middle of the night in my hospital room and think to myself that I have never seen anything so beautiful
- Show her off to family and friends
- Watch her sleep curled up on her Daddy's chest
- Fill up this picture frame with her month-by-month photos
- Take Racky and Pooh photos and compare them to Larkin's
- Have dance party to calm her when she's fussy
- Take her for walks on the trail
- Establish a schedule
- Fall asleep nursing her in the glider chair because I am that tired
I think that it was very considerate of #2 to wait until the house was finished. Be sure to thank her.
Grandpa said...
February 17, 2010 at 9:15 PM