It is official - I am having a baby today!
And I know I have only done this once before, but this is the weirdest labor I've ever had.
So far, I have been in labor for 17 hours - nearly twice as long than I was in labor with Larkin from start to finish.
I went into labor last night at around 8:40 p.m. while watching Grey's Anatomy. My contractions were strong and progressed from 15-20 minutes apart to 10-15 minutes apart, and the intensity varied throughout the night. Some of them I barely noticed, and others took my breath away. I got about an hour and a half of sleep, and Matt didn't get much more.
Around 5:30 a.m. Devon came over to help with Larkin, and then...we hung out.
I already had my 39-week appointment scheduled for this morning, so Matt and I came on in for it. 5 cm dilated. I got hooked up to a monitor and...we hung out some more.
Then we hung out in triage while I was hooked up to another monitor.
All along I have been having contractions, but they're really not bad.
| From You've come a Long way, baby |
Considering I'm in labor and 6-7 cm dilated, after all.
And now, the doctor broke my water, my epideral is on its way - and so is my baby girl.
I can't wait to meet her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats Jen, Matt and Larkin! Baby Layne is BEAUTIFUL and we can't wait to meet her in person. I'm impressed that you're blogging from your L&D bed. Get some rest and hugs to you all!
Love,
The Potts
Anonymous said...
February 19, 2010 at 9:32 PM
Congratulations, Jennifer. I love Layne's name and I look forward to meeting her and seeing you all soon. I'm sending my best wishes for a smooth transition with Larkin and the new addition.
Love,
steph
Steph said...
February 25, 2010 at 1:52 PM