My sister Farrell and my beautiful niece Madeline (4) and handsome nephew Madden (almost 1) are in town from Seattle. It's wonderful to see them!
I am not very sure of myself with the baby. So far I have only held Madden once and I don't really know how to entertain him. I'm not very good at saying cute, googly things to make babies smile and coo and stuff. I hope I'm better at it when BL gets here.
On the other hand, I have gotten some practice playing with a 4 year-old. So far Madeline and I have played musical chairs, hide-and-seek, ring-around-the-rosy, pretend and we put stickers in her My Little Pony sticker book.
So cute...Madeline keeps hugging me and putting her hands on my belly and asking about the baby. I told her that next time she comes in town my belly will be smaller and she will have a new cousin. Madeline suggested the best name ever for BL...she said we should name her Shortcake. I love it!
This evening after dinner my dad took Madeline out to the golf course and we all watched her putt. She looked like a pro carrying her pink golf bag with pink golf clubs. LPGA, here she comes! And if I know Daddy, he will have BL out on the golf course as soon as she is able to stand on her own.
one of my brother's friend has a daughter named Cupcakes (yes with an s). Funny thing though - she isn't allowed to have sugar!
SportyOne13 said...
May 11, 2008 at 12:37 AM
shortcake is positively adorable! well done, Madeline!
Anonymous said...
May 11, 2008 at 6:44 PM