About LIVESTRONG Day

I'm back from Denver and glad to be home. Yesterday the Alpheus crew and I went to 3 LIVESTRONG Day events to shoot video footage, and they were each inspiring:

Event # 1 was a guy in the freezing rain and snow who was riding his bike hanging from a crane 100 feet in the air for 24 hours to honor his son who lost his eyesight because of a brain tumor. I thought he was a little crazy, but you certainly can't question his dedication to the cancer cause.

Event # 2 was at the University of Denver and was held by a woman who made me cry many times over the 2 days I spent time with her because she lost her dad a year and a half ago to cancer and organized this event in his memory. The event had a huge turnout and featured Lance as a speaker, and the event organizer was thrilled.

Event # 3 was held by a breast cancer survivor who may have been mildly disappointed by the 40-person turnout at her glowstick vigil at the Capitol but brought on tears when she dedicated her glowstick to her friend who died last Thursday and shared what LIVESTRONG means to her. She pledged to be back on the Capitol steps with hundreds of people around her at next year's LIVESTRONG Day.

I dedicated my glowstick to Mommy.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home