Today my friend Bianca escorted me up and down the aisles of Babies R Us to help me complete my registry. I already had a good head start, thanks to my favorite book, Baby Bargains, which I consult before making any decision regarding baby gear.
For those items that still seemed too overwhelming to consider, Bianca stepped in. She helped me settle on a stroller, compare Pack N Plays and choose various other items to add to my registry.
Shopping itself wasn't so overwhelming, but what started to put me in panic mode was realizing how large some of these baby things can be. Our house is not very big! And I think it is going to feel much smaller once it is full of baby things.
When I was starting to panic, I thought of the meditation my yoga teacher Alice took us through yesterday. It was all about being fearless. I doubt "fear of cluttered house" was what Alice had in mind, but I went there and it helped.
Matt also made me feel better as we looked around the guest room that will be BL's room, pointing out a couple of chairs and other furniture that we can store away. I'll likely also keep some things at my parents' house, like the Pack N Play that BL will probably use more there than anywhere.
I already have started cleaning out closets to make room for BL's stuff, and the garage is my next project. We will need the storage space for strollers, car seats and other things she won't need right away.
Who could imagine that such a teeny tiny person could require so much stuff?
Do you have any idea how many Jen, Jenny & Jennifer Longs have registered at Babies R Us??? It's craziness.
Amber said...
May 5, 2008 at 5:18 PM