My best friend Lisa is in town for her brother's UT graduation and today I finally met her 5-month old daughter, Gabrielle. What a smiley baby girl she is!
Gaby is so incredibly cute - a perfect mix of Lisa and her husband Aaron - and I got to hold her and feed her and play with her, and we were instant friends. I can't wait for BL and Gaby to be BFF.
After visiting with Lisa's family for a while, they went back to their own hotel rooms and Lisa and I sat on the couch and just chatted away. It was wonderful catching up, and it feels like it has been forever since the last time we did that.
I wish Lisa and I saw each other more often. Even though Austin and Houston are only 2-1/2 hours away from one another, we just don't see each other nearly enough. My hope is that as BL and Gaby grow up, they see each other often so they can play together and really know each other and form their own relationship over the years.
In other pregnancy news, today I discovered my sciatic nerve. I've been hearing about sciatic nerve pain for the past few weeks in my prenatal yoga class, and I never knew what they were talking about - until today.
When I got in the car after visiting Lisa I felt a shooting pain from my lower back down the back of my right leg, and it still hasn't gone away. Hello sciatic nerve!
Lucky for me, sort of, that my prenatal yoga class this morning was cancelled and that I am planning to go tomorrow instead. I will have a different teacher than usual, but I'm sure it will be a great class.
Gaby is so incredibly cute - a perfect mix of Lisa and her husband Aaron - and I got to hold her and feed her and play with her, and we were instant friends. I can't wait for BL and Gaby to be BFF.
After visiting with Lisa's family for a while, they went back to their own hotel rooms and Lisa and I sat on the couch and just chatted away. It was wonderful catching up, and it feels like it has been forever since the last time we did that.
I wish Lisa and I saw each other more often. Even though Austin and Houston are only 2-1/2 hours away from one another, we just don't see each other nearly enough. My hope is that as BL and Gaby grow up, they see each other often so they can play together and really know each other and form their own relationship over the years.
In other pregnancy news, today I discovered my sciatic nerve. I've been hearing about sciatic nerve pain for the past few weeks in my prenatal yoga class, and I never knew what they were talking about - until today.
When I got in the car after visiting Lisa I felt a shooting pain from my lower back down the back of my right leg, and it still hasn't gone away. Hello sciatic nerve!
Lucky for me, sort of, that my prenatal yoga class this morning was cancelled and that I am planning to go tomorrow instead. I will have a different teacher than usual, but I'm sure it will be a great class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sciatic nerves must be something new. I don't remember Jane mentioning it to Tarzan when Baby Tarzan was born. There were lots of mothers-to-be along the wagon trail. Maybe when the Indians attacked, someone should ahve shouted, "Stop, my sciatica is killing me." L, Daddy
Anonymous said...
May 19, 2008 at 6:49 PM
Grandma has the same sciatic nerve problem..am I pregnant too?
Anonymous said...
May 19, 2008 at 7:24 PM