The long weekend got here just in the nick of time.
I'm mad at me for wearing myself out this week. I know that I'm pushing myself too hard, but I just don't stop. All week long I worked too late and allowed myself to get too stressed.
It's not good for me, and it's not good for BL.
Today something got me really riled up just as I was leaving for my 32-week appointment. I was certain my blood pressure was going to be sky-high, but luckily (and miraculously) it was normal. Still, talking to my nurse Julie about the risks of escalated blood pressure on BL was enough to get me upset anyway that I had let my stress level get so out of control.
And what did I do about it to set things straight? I worked until 8 p.m. tonight. Not helping.
So tomorrow to celebrate the 4th of July, I hope to sleep late, lay around on the couch and relax, watch a movie, take Joey to the p-a-r-k if it's not too hot and generally do a whole lot of nothing much.
On a very positive note, I did have a good appointment today. I'm measuring as I should, BL has a healthy heartbeat and everything is right on track. Julie reassured me that I will likely not deliver BL early, which has been concerning me since I learned that my doctor is going to be out of town the week before my due date.
I haven't been having Braxton Hicks contractions like I was a few weeks ago, and I feel really good.
Since my last appointment, I have actually lost a pound and a half, which I may have gained back immediately upon returning to the office and wishing Daniela well at her going-away party with Marble Slab sweet cream ice cream with strawberries, M&Ms, rainbow sprinkles, whipped cream and chocolate syrup.
0 comments:
Post a Comment