What a good weekend this has been, mainly because I haven't done hardly anything. I have tried to force work stuff out of my head and the past few days have been very relaxing, just taking care of me and BL - exactly what I needed.
I think I'm heading into major nesting mode. Tomorrow the new bookcase I bought for BL's room should be ready to pick up at Crate & Barrel, and I will likely spend the entire evening filling the shelves with our new library of children's books and other cute things I've been collecting to decorate her room.
Also, our crib has been delivered to the USA Baby warehouse, so as soon as we can borrow Matt's friend Wade's truck we (they) can pick it up, and then it can be assembled.
I don't have a mattress for the crib, but right now I'm more interested in how much space is left in the room for the yet-to-be-selected glider chair I still need to get.
Eight weeks and counting...and lots to do!
Hi Jen! Just thinking of you and BL. I really enjoy reading about your journey and would love to catch up...sometime in the midst of all your nesting! xo
Anonymous said...
July 6, 2008 at 8:34 PM
Good job relaxing this weekend.
I think it was Amy who told me she got a glider chair, but didn't put it in the nursery. If there's not enough room in there, you could always put it in your bedroom or even in a sitting area. Wherever you'll feel comfortable feeding, rocking, and soothing the baby.
I can't wait to see how BL's room comes together!
Amber said...
July 6, 2008 at 9:28 PM
I agree with Amber, good for you for taking a break! You SO deserve it! How is Yvonne doing? I hope you are feeling confident enough to start transitioning stuff over...take care of yourself!! :)
Daniela said...
July 7, 2008 at 10:21 PM