What I see when I look down - I can't see my toes!
Today was my 34-week appointment, and BL is a happy baby-to-be in my belly.
My sonogram photos aren't much to look at - when I look at them I can't see anything but gray smudges.
But even without cute, new baby pictures, BL's strong heartbeat and healthy measurements were enough to make my day.
Before I left, I signed up for a Infant Care Class at which Matt and I will learn about bathing BL, feeding her a bottle, swaddling, breastfeeding and more newborn necessities.
The class is scheduled for August 19. I know that's cutting it close to my August 30 due date, but if BL hasn't arrived yet we'll be learning these lessons just in the nick of time. If she comes early, then we'll figure it all out ourselves - we won't have any other choice!
After my appointment, it was time for my monthly Mom Club lunch with my LAF friends who are either moms already or moms-t0-be like me.
I had planned to pose my recent anxiety to the group and see what words of advice the girls had to offer, but as I listened to them talk about pumping and potty-training, I realized that they were at one time expectant mothers about to embark on a parenthood with no prior training, just like me. And now they're all great mommies with happy, healthy kiddos.
It gave me a boost of confidence. If my friends can birth babies and raise them to be happy, healthy kiddos, then I can too.
It's true!
Amber said...
July 20, 2008 at 3:04 PM