Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

Second night - success!

Last night went great. Truly, I may be jinxing myself, but I couldn't imagine this self-soothing thing going any better so far. (I know we're just 2 days in, but still.)

Larkin went to sleep at her 7 p.m. bedtime and actually woke up hungry at 10 p.m. This was different from the night before when I gave her a dream feed at 11:30 p.m., so I was nervous it would impact the way the rest of the night was going to go.

She went back to sleep and at 3:20 a.m. she woke up. After about 5 minutes, Matt and I went into her room and patted her, and we changed her diaper - which I think we'll do differently from now on. It wasn't dirty, just wet, and I think she would have been fine. Sooner or later she'll be sleeping through the night with potentially wet diapers.

Anyway, back to last night. Larkin woke up at 3:20 a.m. and at 3:40 a.m. - 20 minutes later - she stopped crying and was back asleep.

And the next time she woke up was at 7:15 a.m. Amazing!

Third night's the charm?

1 comments:

That's amazing progress!!! I hope you're getting more sleep now too.

I don't change night diapers either - it's too much stimulation and makes her think it's time to wake up.

December 19, 2008 at 10:04 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home