Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

4 month appointment

Today was Larkin's 4-month doctor appointment. She weighs 12 pounds, 12 ounces, and she is 23 and 3/4 inches long.

It was a big day. Dr. Hargrave said that we can start feeding Larkin rice cereal when we're ready and that she is old enough to self-soothe.

She also got 4 shots, which made her feel crummy the rest of the day. She was much fussier than normal and slept a lot, although Baby Tylenol seemed to help.

Watching Larkin get her shots is painful for her and me. It catches her off guard, and then she makes the saddest face I've ever seen, turns bright red and wails. I snuggle with her and try to make her feel better and she calms down, and then we go through it all over again, and again, and again.

I typically nurse her while the shots are administered, and I made the mistake today of looking down as the nurse stuck her chubby leg with the long needle. Now I can't seem to get that image out of my head.

Clearly today is not the best day to tackle self-soothing (i.e., crying herself to sleep) when she has already been tortured.


But once Larkin feels better - maybe tomorrow - Matt and I are going to embark upon a few sleepless nights that will ultimately, hopefully, grant us long nights of sleep moving forward.

Unrelated, but adorable:


0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home