Today was my office baby shower, and it was so much fun! The ladies of the LAF skipped out of work a little early and headed to a Mexican restaurant on S. Lamar for some yummy snacks and cold margaritas. Just water for me, of course, but boy-oh-boy did those margaritas look good.
There was a calendar for people to pick the date when they think BL will come. I am hoping she holds out at least until after our Baby Basics class, so I'm sending happy thoughts to all of my co-workers who picked dates after August 19.
There also was a sign-up sheet for anyone who wants to help us out with dinners once we have our hands full with an infant. I already know we will appreciate that support so much, and it is really nice to think that we'll have guests who want to meet BL when she gets here.
A highlight was the Make-BL-a-Onesie table with tons of iron-on letters and pictures to decorate onesies for BL. She is going to be stylin' with her one-of-a-kind onesies made lovingly by my LAF friends. It was fun to see everyone's creativity!
Thank you to the hostesses (Diana, Melissa, Devon, Sue, Haley, Bianca) and to everyone for coming and for the generous gifts you brought BL.
Not that I didn't already know how incredibly lucky I am to work with such a wonderful group of people...but today was a lovely reminder.
0 comments:
Post a Comment