Matt took his mom to the airport this afternoon. Sadie was such an incredible help while staying with us for the past week.
Not only did she give great baby advice, wake up in the wee hours to help me get ready to feed and offer an extra pair of loving arms to hold Larkin, change diapers and take care of chores like laundry and straightening up around the house - but she also gave me the space to learn how to begin to care for Larkin myself, not stepping in unless I asked for help.
Not to mention that she redid our flower beds in the front yard and planted a lovely herb garden in place of the one I had let fall apart on the back patio. Amazing!
I am so lucky to have a mother-in-law who exudes such love in everything she does. Visit again soon, Sadie - we already miss you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment