Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

I’m not embarrassed to say it – I have seen every episode of Full House about a thousand times. And thank goodness for it.

Larkin’s misconducts have resulted in time-outs followed by my best Danny Tanner impressions.



Aunt Stephie: “Larkin, why did you have to be in time-out?”
Larkin: “Because I put my hands on Layne’s neck.”
Aunt Stephie: “That’s right. Why do we need to keep our hands off Layne’s neck?”
Larkin: “Because it hurts her.”
Aunt Stephie: “That’s right (because I told you that when you were in time-out 4 minutes ago). We don’t put our hands on Layne’s neck to ask her to play. We just say, “Layne, can I play with you?”

Larkin, Layne and I took the McKinney Avenue Trolley this morning. They enjoyed talking to the driver and other passengers, waving at people and standing on the seats (Sorry Jennifer. We’re breaking the rules a bit. We’re on vacation!)





About 20 minutes into our journey down McKinney Avenue, Larkin yelled the dreaded words, “I need to go potty!” I looked out my window wondering which office building I could discreetly enter with a one-year-old on my hip and a two-year-old running ahead of me when I saw it in front of us – Café Express! We made it to the potty just in time and got to eat lunch too. Side note: Larkin loves Café Express just like her Mommy and Aunt Stephie, but she doesn’t know that the best thing to order is the club sandwich, not the hamburger. Just give her time.

I have not thought much about diaper changing tables before today. But not five minutes had even passed after I’d changed Layne’s diaper on the changing table at Café Express and jumped back on the McKinney Avenue Trolley, and you guessed it - Layne dropped a major stinky one.

So I followed with by my best Uncle Jesse and Joey Gladstone impressions. Did you know that Starbucks doesn’t have changing tables in their bathrooms? A petition needs to be started, and I’ll be the first to sign. Larkin was a great helper, handing me wipey after wipey, as I sat on the floor and forced Layne to remain standing as I changed her diaper.



I’m ready for my nap…

3 comments:

I will be the second name on your petition! You are such a fun aunt!
EY

March 16, 2011 at 9:14 PM  

Love that reading this is exactly like hearing you talk! And if anyone doubts your Full House watching stats, I will gladly back you up :) Miss you friend! So how about Jennifer and I trade off and you take Noah and Sydney for spring break next year?

March 16, 2011 at 9:40 PM  

I love the guest blogging! If I ever get a chance to leave Aurora with somebody and take a vacation without her, I'm definitely asking them to blog while I'm gone. Hope you're all having a great vacation!!!

Also, most kid's stores have great changing stations - Pottery Barn Kids in particular. Good Luck!

March 16, 2011 at 9:58 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home