Guest Blogger Aunt Stephie: Goal - Defuse the Energizer Bunnies - Mar 17
Posted by Jennifer at 12:03 AMThis morning we had a play date at the playground with Davis and his mommy, Erin. Larkin and Layne took turns on the swings, scaled the rock wall, dangled from the monkey bars and dug in the sand box. Their favorite activity was sliding backwards down the spiral slides. We enjoyed a picnic of turkey, cheese, tomatoes, crackers, strawberries, bananas, cookies and milk. When she heard that we were having a picnic, Larkin specially requested a hot dog - like Grandpa, like granddaughter.
Three hours later, both girls took a nice, long nap. I tried. I really tried to take a nap. As soon as the girls were asleep, I tossed the dirty clothes in the washing machine, swept up the crumbs from breakfast and took out the trash. I had just settled in under the covers and drifted off to sleep when I was awoken by “boom-boom-boom” coming from the laundry room. Luckily, it wasn’t as bad as this.

So, I adjusted the washing machine, peeled Larkin’s stickers off the hardwoods and sliced blueberries for Layne’s snack. I had just settled back in under the covers and drifted off to sleep when I was awoken by “ding-dong.” Our sweet, five-year-old neighbor, Lily, was ready to play with Larkin and Layne. The girls were still napping so we scheduled for a late afternoon play date.
I decided to surrender the nap idea. It was a good thing too as Layne woke 10 minutes later. Layne and I ate a snack, read books, played with Oliver and relaxed in the front yard.
After nap, we had a play date at another playground with David and Baby Sydney and their mommy, Julie. Larkin followed three-year-old David up the ladder, down the slide, around the fireman’s pole and along the bridge. Layne tried to keep up with the big kids. I got dizzy just watching them.
As if that wasn’t enough exercise, we came home to play with Lily and her brothers, Reid and Ryan. Larkin LOVED jumping on the trampoline with her new BFF.
Of course, the trip would not be complete without a hang out session in Geoff’s man cave. Larkin and Layne danced around with Geoff to the Allman Brothers Band and tried on his SMU and Cowboys gear.
Surely you thought that Aunt Stephie did a terrific job of wearing these girls out. Surely you thought that these girls slept peacefully through the night. Surely you thought Aunt Stephie got at least 8 hours of undisturbed sleep. Surely you thought…

Looks like Larkin and Layne had as much fun on their vacation as Mommy and Daddy did on theirs! Thanks for being such a good aunt, Aunt Stephie.
Jennifer said...
March 21, 2011 at 8:43 AM