Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

For the past couple of months Matt and I have been planning a vacation, just the 2 of us.

Stephanie offered to keep the girls during her spring break, and then Sadie and Poppi offered to keep them for the following weekend.

We were going to Tokyo for a week, and we planned to take a couple of daytrips to Kyoto and Hiroshima.

We imagined the different types of sushi we would eat, the view from the top floor of the Park Hyatt Tokyo hotel where we would have a drink, just like Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson in Lost in Translation.



Then the earthquake hit Japan, followed by the tsunami and a great deal of devastation.

My heart goes out to the Japanese people, and I've felt like a selfish jerk worrying about my vacation while they are facing such tragedy.

Yesterday morning we decided our Japan trip was off, and the brainstorming began about where we would go instead. We talked about Hong Kong, Spain, Australia, Dubai...and we landed on:



Wait, sorry, wrong photo. We're going here:



I'm so excited!

Matt got on the phone with American Airlines and, incredibly, just an hour and a half later we were all set with first class travel booked to Istanbul, Turkey.

Before we got married, Turkey was on our honeymoon short list. We decided instead to go to Argentina, which was amazing, but Turkey has remained a place we wanted to go.

Larkin and Layne know that Mommy and Daddy are going on a trip - and that they are going on a trip too! They are looking forward to spending such fun time with Stephie and Geoff and then Sadie and Poppi.

In all honesty, I'm a tiny bit anxious about leaving the girls. Maybe more than a tiny bit, but only because it's the first time we've both been away from them at the same time. They'll be fine, though. Of course. I know that.

I will miss Larkin and Layne this week, but I am thrilled beyond belief to have some husband-wife time with Matt.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home