I can't believe Larkin is turning 1 year old tomorrow. To say the past year has flown by is an understatement.
Exactly 1 year ago I got into bed just like any other night, fell asleep and woke up in the wee hours to strange things happening in my belly that I'd never felt before.
And the rest, as they say, is history. (That is, history that is well documented on my blog.)
I always knew I wanted to be a mommy and that I wanted to have a baby, but I could never have anticipated what it would feel like to love my little girl with my entire heart and soul, with everything I am.
I love her so much.
I love how she climbs in my lap with a book or toy for us to read or play with together.
I love when she grabs my hand to place in it a puzzle piece or a block, then looks up at me and smiles.
I love how she reaches for me in the morning when she wakes up, or when I pick her up from daycare at the end of the day.
I love watching her brain in motion while she tries to figure something out, or explores, or tries new things with no fear whatsoever, or comprehends something new.
I love how her weight feels against me when she lays in my arms with her head on my shoulder.
How she sings to herself while I sing her to sleep.
Larkin has grown up this past year literally before my eyes. She has changed from a tiny, vulnerable, completely dependent newborn to an intelligent, charming toddler whose personality and independence continue to emerge every day.
I love my baby girl.
0 comments:
Post a Comment