Changes

This morning Larkin wouldn't nurse. She kept getting distracted and pulling away.

When she wriggled herself away from me and made the sign language sign for "milk" - meaning she wanted some milk - my heart broke.

Then I made her a bottle.

And then I cried for a little while.

Even though I have known this was coming, it still makes me sad.

Tonight she nursed fine, so I'm not sure what that means for tomorrow.

What I do know is that I treasured tonight's moment and thought about all the moments like that I've had during the past 11 months.

And when I'm not nursing her anymore, I'm certain I will have those feelings of closeness whenever I hold her tight with her head on my shoulder, cuddle her against my chest, feed her a bottle or rock her to sleep.

2 comments:

Aww, sorry. :( But you're right, there are many moments to come!

July 7, 2009 at 10:09 AM  

I am still sad over weaning Ayala. It's so emotional. HUGS. Nursing is such a wonderful bonding process for mother and baby. I truly miss it still.

July 9, 2009 at 12:47 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home