Standing

Sadie is in town for a few days to play with Larkin. Today when I was at work she sent me this email:

Larkin stood alone not touching anything for about 5 seconds, then reached out and balanced and went on playing! Wow!

I was so proud. I told everyone at work about Larkin's latest accomplishment.

But I was also a little sad. Not really because I hadn't seen her stand for the first time - I know that I will see all sorts of firsts and I'll see her stand again and again.

I suddenly felt sad that Larkin is growing up so fast. I know people say that all the time. I mean, if I had a nickel for everytime I hear "they grow up so fast!" I could reverse the recession.

But it's true. She is still a baby, sure - but she's only getting bigger. All of her firsts will come and go, and she won't be a baby anymore.

I can see why people have second kids, to get to relive that baby phase and see those firsts all over again.

I am proud of Larkin and can't wait to see her stand up so big, and I will try to savor every baby moment I have with her.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home