Today Larkin is 9 months old! She is more and more fun as the months go by.
She's not a teeny, tiny baby anymore - she's a little bitty person with a unique personality and a wrinkly-nosed smile that lights up her whole face.
She smiles huge whenever she sees a camera, and she also smiles and waves. She sits in the cart at the grocery or Target and smiles and waves at everyone she sees.
Yesterday Sadie was showing Larkin pictures on the fridge and she pointed out Matt's picture, and Larkin waved at her daddy's picture. So cute!
She likes to bang together her colorful plastic shapes, and she still likes to read books that are soft or have texture on the pages. But her favorite "toys" are my cell phone and the remote control.
Larkin continues to be crawling around like crazy. She usually bends one leg beneath her that she drags along with the crawling leg, and in the last few days she also has started bear-crawling.
She is not quite sleeping through the night consistently although I think we're very close. I still give her a dream feed before I go to bed, and for a couple of weeks this month she was back to waking up in the wee hours to nurse. I put an end to that a few days ago, and she has been doing great since then. Fingers crossed this sticks and I finally start getting some good sleep.
Finally she is growing some hair, mostly on the back of her head. When it is dry we can't tell whether it will be curly, but when she takes a bath it looks like the start of curls at least.
Here is Larkin's monthly photo with Pooh and Racky:Here are some additional photos from the past month:
Sorry to my adorable children, but Larkin is the cutest baby ever!!! Happy 9th Month!
Aunt Adele said...
May 8, 2009 at 2:28 AM
Happy 9 Months, Larkin! I'm trying to teach Riley to wave, so maybe Larkin can teach her that move. :)
Katie said...
May 8, 2009 at 8:32 AM
Awww, she looks so happy!
Yvonne said...
May 8, 2009 at 9:40 AM
Those are great photos. I can't believe Larkin is big enough to where her pretty white dress with flowers. So cute! XOXOXO
Lauren said...
May 8, 2009 at 10:48 PM
Oh, Jennifer, she is just precious!! She always looks so happy! Can't wait to see her again! Love, Nana
Anonymous said...
May 9, 2009 at 5:55 PM