I think I may have overdone it today.
I got up around 8:30 a.m. and decided it was time to re-organize the bathroom. I threw away a bunch of unused stuff, made room in our medicine chest for me to have two shelves instead of just one and cleared off a cluttered shelf that had recently been making me crazy.
Then I decided to tackle the kitchen and re-organized our shelves and cabinets. I didn't get rid of as much as I would have liked, but somehow I found myself with two big empty shelves, which will be necessary come August. Now there's lots of room for BL's bottles and food and whatever else she'll need that is stored in the kitchen. Matt wondered whether it was a little premature to make room for all of the baby stuff that we don't need yet or have yet, but I was still pleased with the outcome of my hard work.
Next on my day's schedule was my very first prenatal yoga class. I had hoped to join my friend Amber at Yoga Yoga for the Saturday morning class she likes, but first I couldn't tear myself away from my morning projects and then it took quite a bit longer to find comfy yoga clothes than I'd anticipated. Nothing fits the same. Sigh.
Anyway, luckily I still have some Seventh Street Yoga class passes that I paid for last fall and hadn't used, so I decided to go to their prenatal class. Sadly, BL did not like the fruit smoothie I had made earlier in the morning, and I started to feel very, very nauseous on the highway on my way downtown. The snacks in my purse didn't help. I exited 5th Street and what did I see on my right but my very favorite bar in Austin, the Mean Eyed Cat (I call it the Angry Cat), with a large parking lot and some trees and bushes on one end. Just the perfect place to pull over and have a sicky moment. Thank you, Johnny Cash!
I got to my yoga class just in time for it to begin, and there were only two of us in the class plus the yoga instructor. I really liked it! I felt like the instructor kept BL safe through modifications to the typical poses. It was a vinyasa class which meant we were moving most of the time. There were a couple of weird moments when I would go from downward dog to upward dog, a pose that I've done hundreds of times, and my belly would gently sweep the floor. That had never happened before and it felt funny.
My favorite part of the class was the resting part at the end. My yoga teacher propped up a firm pillow on a block and I sat on the floor with my back elevated and my feet flat on the wall. She said it was a good way to avoid varicose veins. Excellent. I felt very relaxed and zoned out a bit, in a good way. I plan to go back because I really enjoyed it - and because I still have some class passes to use - and because Amber may have delivered by the time I'm in town to join her for a Saturday class again.
After my yoga class I picked up some lunch and went home to hang out with Matt. By the time I left the house again to run some errands, I was starting to feel sleepy, but it was nothing compared to how I felt when I got to the mall and began walking around. I was far enough from home that I decided to go ahead and run my other errands, and I got more tired and my back hurt more the more I walked around.
Now I'm laying on the couch, and I expect to not get up for a long, long time. I know Joey would like me to take him to the dog park, but he'll just have to wait until tomorrow. My body is sending me all sorts of thank you signals, and my back is feeling better already.
I may have pushed myself a bit today but I feel good about my yoga class and I got some things crossed off my to-do list. Today was a good Saturday.
0 comments:
Post a Comment