For the past few weeks, while my body has been going through changes with BL in my tummy, Matt and I have been making changes to the front of our house.
First, we replaced our garage door with a beautiful door of vertical wood planks. Then, we ordered a new front door from Matt's friend John's company Durango Doors. One of our neighbors described it as "a work of art," and I agree. The door was custom-made in Mexico to fit our house perfectly. The workers who installed our door also painted our exterior windows to match the copper patina door.
Just those two updates made a huge difference to the exterior look of our house, but we weren't quite finished. This weekend we replaced the white shabby chic lamp, mailbox and house numbers we inherited when we bought the house with handcrafted, glass and copper exterior accessories - a contemporary light fixture and a mailbox with our house numbers included as part of the design.
Now that these projects are completed, our landscaping is the next to-do. In the meantime, I'm trying to ignore the dead hedge next to our front door - a result of last fall's foundation leveling project. I think ignoring the hedge is what made it die in the first place!
OMG! It looks so different. I can't believe what a difference a few changes make. Looks fab, my friend! Good work.
Lauren said...
March 2, 2008 at 9:03 PM
P.S. I hate yard work. Dead bushes make me crazy too.
Lauren said...
March 2, 2008 at 9:04 PM
LOVE what you have done. I can't wait to see it in person. Maybe I'll bring Greg by and it'll motivate him to make some changes, hehe. I fantasize about the changes I would do to that house.
SportyOne13 said...
March 3, 2008 at 11:51 AM
Your house looks so cute!
We've been focusing so much on interior fixes, I'm afraid our exterior is leaving something to be desired... but it's just too much to take on! Our yard is huge and too crazy.
Amber said...
March 3, 2008 at 8:27 PM