I am in Chicago on a work trip, only the fourth work trip I've taken since June 2008, and the third trip I've taken since Layne was born.

I used to travel for work quite a bit, and having the girls has definitely lowered my interest in being away from home.

I know work travel is often necessary and of course I'm willing to travel, but I just don't jump at the chance the way I used to.

This has been a good trip since I got here on Friday. I am proud of the work I've done for the ASCO annual meeting, a conference for oncologists from around the world where I'm working the LIVESTRONG exhibit booth and promoting our programs.

Last night the entire LIVESTRONG team at ASCO went out to dinner together, and I really enjoyed visiting with my colleagues and celebrating a successful conference.

And, I will be ready to go home on Tuesday morning. I miss my family.

Today Matt told me about this conversation he had with Larkin.

Larkin: I'm ready for Mommy to come home.

Matt: You are, why?

Larkin: Because I just love her.

The feeling is mutual, to say the least.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home