![]()
On Monday, Larkin officially moves up to the 3 year-old class and becomes a Songbird.
I don't know her new teachers Mr. Brendan and Miss Becky very well, but I've noticed the creative projects they do with their class, and I am excited about the new things Larkin will learn.
Larkin seems so small compared to all the other children, but she had definitely become one of the big kids among the Grasshoppers as some of the younger kids joined her class.
Certainly easing the transition for Larkin is that her longtime crush Andrew is moving up to the Songbirds, too. I heard they were inseparable this week while they spent more and more time in the Songbirds classroom.

Layne has been a Dewdrop for a while, but because the Grasshoppers and Dewdrops were combined in the temporary school building they were in since October, now it feels official.
She is doing great in the Dewdrops classroom, holding her own with the bigger kids and charming the pants off Miss Jaime and Miss Melissa.
Miss Jaime has been anxiously awaiting Layne joining her class for a while. It was Miss Jaime who gave Layne her nickname "Loaf" when she was just a teeny baby visiting her big sister at school. (Jaime said, "She's as small as a loaf of bread!" and it stuck.) Miss Melissa was one of Layne's original Grasshopper teachers and is a frequent babysitter at our house. She and Layne have always had a special bond.
I am so proud of both my girls.
0 comments:
Post a Comment