Since January Larkin has had lots of ear infections, and even when her ears weren't infected they were still full of fluid.
Today we had a follow-up appointment at the pediatrician's office. I let the doctor know that we had already made an appointment with an ENT but was hoping to get in sooner. He suggested I call back and if I couldn't get in sooner he'd make a call for me.
When I called they had just had a cancellation and could see us in an hour, so we jumped at it. Then at the ENT's office the doctor recommended tubes and said he had just had a cancellation for tomorrow so we snatched that up too. So all of a sudden we're going in tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn to have tubes put into Larkin's ears.
I think it's better that it happened this way, coming together so fast. I don't even have time to be nervous or anxious or do a bunch of research online or talk to people. Most everyone I've talked to have great things to say about tubes anyway.
I know Larkin will be fine and I'm confident this will make a huge difference for all of us, particularly my baby girl who has been so uncomfortable for months. I will be relieved to see her not tugging on her ears, finally.
0 comments:
Post a Comment