Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

Visiting the LAF

Today I took Larkin to the LAF to introduce her around, and it was fun to see everyone after being out of the office for the past 8 weeks.

Larkin was perfectly happy being passed around from person to person until she finally crashed out in my friend Sue's arms and took a two-hour nap. What a good sport!

Before Larkin was born, as her due date got closer and closer I became increasingly anxious about being out on maternity leave. Maybe it's silly, but I worried that the LAF wouldn't miss me and - at my most neurotic - that they would realize they didn't need me after all.

So it felt good today to hear from a number of people that I am missed and that they are looking forward to me coming back to work.

Now that I am starting to think about the end of my maternity leave in four weeks and the difficult adjustment to come, knowing that my return to work will be appreciated will hopefully make it easier.

Here are a couple of pictures from our visit:


1 comments:

Oh Jennifer, you are definitely missed. It'll be great to have you back :)

Enjoy these next 4-weeks!

October 4, 2008 at 8:18 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home