This weekend Larkin got to experience her first (of many to come) LAF events. It was the LIVESTRONG Challenge/Ride for the Roses Weekend. Being on maternity leave meant that I wasn't working this weekend, which meant that I got to experience the events as a participant, which was awesome.
We had fun picking up my registration packet at the LIVESTRONG Village on Friday. Here is Larkin posing with Flat Lance at the LAF booth and hanging out with Angie and Jerry, two of my favorite people to catch up with during LAF weekends. (And they're just two of my favorite people, period.)
On Saturday morning, Larkin's early morning wake-up finally paid off. Waking up bright and early at 5:30 a.m. meant that we were right on time for the LIVESTRONG Challenge 5K. Larkin was decked out in LIVESTRONG gear.
Larkin fell asleep as we walked up to the food tents near the start line, and she slept the entire time. No one got to see how cute she was dressed because it was cold outside and she was snuggled under a blanket. At least the LIVESTRONG Challenge button on her hat showed.
It was great to see so many of my LAF friends.
We had a great time walking with the Wadey family. I pushed Larkin's stroller for 3.1 miles and, I hate to admit, I was huffing and puffing up some of those downtown Austin hills.
Here we are crossing the finish line!
Like so many LAF events I have attended before it, the LIVESTRONG Challenge was completely inspiring from the moment I arrived. I have mixed feelings about returning to work in a week, but I love being part of such an amazing organization - which will surely make the end of my maternity leave much easier to deal with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Larkin is really growing and Jen is really shrinking; both looked great at CheZee Friday night!
Love, Grandpa
Anonymous said...
October 27, 2008 at 11:38 AM
Jen you look FANTASTIC. Mom and daughter -- what a beautiful pair.
Jo Annie
Jo Annie said...
October 27, 2008 at 11:53 AM