Yesterday was my 28-week appointment and it was fun to see BL on the sonogram screen. We saw the slightest bit of fringe at the base of her head, which means right now she may have a bit of a mullet. She had her hands up at her face, and we watched her give a big yawn!
I know how she feels. Lately I have been exhausted.
Come to find out I have good reason to be tired. Not only am I pregnant, but I am also anemic.
BL is draining all the iron from my blood so I have to start taking iron supplements. I've heard the side effects can be unpleasant, but in the scheme of things this isn't so bad.
The good news was that my glucose test for gestational diabetes was normal. Before having my blood drawn I had to slam a sugary-sweet orange drink that shot my sugar level through the roof. It wasn't too bad going down, but afterward I was on sugar overload.
Funny how sugary-sweet orange drink makes me feel a little yucky, while Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia frozen yogurt just makes me happy.
0 comments:
Post a Comment