The brown line

For years, since my friends started having babies, I have heard legends about the enigmatic, faint brown line that mysteriously appears down the center of the baby belly.

And since I found out I was pregnant, I have been looking for mine. This morning, I found it - I have a brown line!

I don't know what it means or what it's for, but I feel as though somehow I've arrived.

Just another weird thing the body does when you're pregnant.

Wait, I just went to look at my brown line again, and I think it's gone! So weird. Maybe it's just bad lighting. I could have sworn it was there this morning.

By the way, I'm 31 weeks today! Nine weeks to go, and I still have lots to do...

1 comments:

Maybe it was schmutz!

June 28, 2008 at 5:50 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home