I am settled into the D.C. hotel room that I'm sharing with my friend Suz, enjoying my third episode of The Office and wishing that I had some ice cream.
On my way here from the Metro I stopped at a Thai restaurant and picked up some soup and veggie dumplings, neither of which were very good. I also passed a Baskin Robbins and now I wish-wish-wish I had skipped the Thai takeout for a scoop of mint chocolate chip.
I know, that wouldn't have been the healthy choice for BL. But now I can't stop thinking about ice cream!
Today was not the best food day, and I just happen to find myself starving all the time.
At the Austin airport this afternoon I made a quick stop at Maudie's and had a dry beef fajita taco (they were out of chicken) and a rotten banana (I didn't know it was rotten when I picked it out of the fruit basket). Suffice to say, Maudie's at the airport does not quite have it together just yet. I do love Maudie's outside of the airport, though.
Then when I changed planes at the DFW airport I had a fruit cup at Au Bon Pain. I thought it would hit the spot, but it kind of made my stomach feel upset. Lately, BL does not seem to be a fan of fresh fruit - and just a few weeks ago I craved it like crazy.
Now I guess I'm in an ice cream-craving phase. It doesn't help that on the current episode of The Office they just mentioned ice cream cake. Yum, mint chocolate chip ice cream cake - my favorite birthday treat. Really, my favorite anytime treat. Or just ice cream, hold the cake. I'm easy.
So, what to do...brave the rain outside to walk the half a block back to Baskin Robbins, or just stick it out. Or I could order room service!
A quick glance at the room service menu shows that a scoop of chocolate or vanilla ice cream is $8. Eight dollars! And they don't even have mint chocolate chip! I'm putting on my shoes now, and I hope the rain has stopped.
... and the problem with having ice cream is?????
When you land in Austin, you can boogie over to the "Amy's Ice Cream" counter in the airport and satisfy that craving.
(No comment on the amount of ice cream I have bought and eaten from that very shop over the years.....)
And to combine comments for multiple posts here (re: "How do moms do it?"). Mrs. Long, I need to hand you my glasses for a few minutes so you can see who you are, and all that you do, through the eyes of your friends.
Parenthood? Yes, the idea is terrifying, but I can think of anyone better suited than you and Matt to take on that challenge.
P.S. the banana flavors of Amy's Ice Cream are my favorite.
Anonymous said...
April 4, 2008 at 8:10 AM
oops.. I meant "CANNOT think of anyone better suited than you and Matt to take on that challenge (of parenthood)"
I even proofread the above comment a couple of times... ack. My apologies.
Anonymous said...
April 4, 2008 at 2:24 PM
I made the blog! Whoo-hoo! Jen, it was a pleasure to go get ice cream with you on this trip, even if it was boring soft serve, McDonald's sunday's w/no nuts at 10pm! Who knew 31 flavors closed so early? Tonight we'll feast on 31 flavors, or Ben and Jerry's, or whatever else suits BL's fancy!
Suz
Anonymous said...
April 4, 2008 at 3:21 PM
Hmmm, maybe I should have a blizzard at DQ tonight.
Amber said...
April 4, 2008 at 6:30 PM
Amber, go have a blizzard and get yourself to 140. For me....you know I'm just jealous of your tiny, cute pregnant body! Eat up now while you can.....Jen, i hope you had ice cream again tonight!
Anonymous said...
April 4, 2008 at 9:02 PM