Here I am at 22 weeks pregnant. Do I look that different from when I was 16 weeks along?
Today at my prenatal yoga class, Alice the instructor led us in a series of Warrior 2 poses and showed us different ways to cope with pain. In one pose, she instructed us to focus on the pain (and only on the pain), and in some sense the pain in my thigh muscles dissipated. Then she had us do the pose again and instead of focusing on the pain we were to focus on our breathing (and only on our breathing), and that seemed to work even better. This may sound naive, but I wonder how giving birth will feel and if it will hurt. I have always figured it will be painful, but it's hard to anticipate what it will really feel like. Plus, from all of the moms who have told me about their childbirth experiences it seems that everyone is different. I wonder what my experience will be like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yea! Thanks for posting a picture - you look amazing!
Anonymous said...
April 28, 2008 at 11:10 AM
Hey Sweetie -- you look ADORABLE, and I think that smile on your face says a thousand words.
Jo Annie said...
April 28, 2008 at 1:42 PM
You looked so cute in your new maternity outfit today at the picnic :) Keep doing yoga and walking a lot, and envision a calm and positive birth experience. As with all things, it will come and it will pass - and it will be amazing and hard and worth it.
Amber said...
April 30, 2008 at 7:22 PM