Mother's Day - May 13



Today was a wonderful day, the perfect Mother's Day.

I got to sleep until 8:30 a.m. and was awakened by Layne poking her head in the room and shouting "Mommy!" followed by Larkin close behind her and both girls piling into bed with me.

Matt and the girls gave me a beautiful suede bag that he'd gotten for me in Buenos Aires last week, which was even more of a surprise because we had decided to not do big gifts.

We went to Chez Zee for brunch, which is my favorite special place to go for Mother's Day. As I told Larkin this morning, it's magical there! I love the eclectic decor and twinkle lights everywhere, not to mention the fact that everything on the menu is delicious. (We shared the strawberry cake for dessert. And don't even get me started on the warm croissants with whipped strawberry butter...heavenly)



Then we came home, and all four of us took naps. (Again, heavenly.)

We called Sadie to wish her a happy Mother's Day, and our day ended with a trip to my parents' house so we could spend Mother's Day with Grandma, too. We ate dinner and cupcakes outside on the patio and had such a nice visit.

All day long, Larkin started her sentences to me with, "Mommy, it's your special day, so...(fill in the blank with anything she might say)."

And indeed it was a special day.

Larkin and Layne: Every day is a special day because I get to spend it with you. I love being your Mommy more than anything in the entire world.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home