Jen, if you want a guest blogger for your blog, here is my entry. Just wanted you to share in one of our days together with the girls.
These are the things we did on Saturday.
Awake at 6:15. By 7 we were making pancakes and bacon, girls sitting on the counter stirring the batter, tasting with their spoons and then sticking them back in the batter (I didnt eat pancakes but Poppi did!)
They both ate 2 pancakes and 2 pieces of bacon, then out the back door we went to play in the fairy garden in our pajamas.
Back in the house after a while to have a tea party under the stairs with their babies and some stuffed animals.
I got a very quick shower and then dressed the girls and myself as they played with my makeup and put on plenty of blue eyeshadow and blush!
Finally dressed, we went out for a walk around the block with me pulling the wagon. I checked the time and it was 9am. Wow, I was already tired and it was only 9!
By 10 we left the house to go to the park and play. That was lots of fun for over an hour and then we headed to El Fenix for lunch. The girls ate soft cheese tacos and beans and rice.
We promised ice cream to any good eaters and were ready to leave the restaurant when Layne had to sit down in the floor and demand ice cream RIGHT NOW. It took a bit of convincing to get her back to the car so we could go to the Frozen Yogurt shop. Both girls had frozen yogurt with lots of different toppings on them and cleaned their bowls!
Finally home for naps. Layne and Poppi went straight to sleep but Larkin was determined to talk my ear off, even with me faking sleep as I lay beside her in her bed.
After an hour, I gave up and we got up and watched a short video of Maurice Sendak stories til Poppi and Layne woke up.
After milk and cookies, it was time for another stroll around the block with Sadie pulling the wagon. Whew, I got hot but the girls were cool and talking up a storm.
Next, Poppi got out the 4-wheeler and took the girls for rides. That was so much fun that all 4 of us stacked up on the 4-wheeler and rode over to Roger and Judy's for a change of scenery.
Judy invited us in and the girls enjoyed playing with Rocky and Max, their dogs and Jim and I had fun visiting with Roger and Judy. Judy got out her grandchildrens toys and the girls had a ball with vintage Fisher Price toys.
Finally, we thought it was time to go home and see about dinner. Poppi grilled a steak and little sausages and the girls gobbled that up.
Finally we had a big bubble bath with lots of rubber duckies and toys in the tub. Once the girls were clean, we put a Cinderella video on til bedtime.
Layne went to sleep easily but Larkin was still waiting for me to put her to bed. We read her favorite book one more time, Old Bear, and finally she was asleep.
Jim had cleaned up the kitchen so we went straight to bed. It was 9:30 and these old grandparents were tired. But I think we had a fun day and made some great memories.
The girls play together so well. Larkin is so grown up, so agreeable and helpful. Layne is funny, and mischevious, her favorite words right now are "I not do dat," or "I dont want to take a nap," very much a 2 yr old.
What on earth will Sunday hold?????
0 comments:
Post a Comment