Tonight was a recognition dinner for employees who have been with LIVESTRONG for 5 or more years. I joined LIVESTRONG in March 2005, so I'm coming up on 6 years with the organization.
The dinner was held at Z Tejas, where Lance incepted his Foundation back in 1997. We were in the private room, and as soon as I arrived I knew the dinner was going to be something special. I was right - it was truly a lovely evening.
There was a slide show rotating photos of all the honorees at LIVESTRONG events through the years. Every place setting was accented with a yellow rose and a CD of songs with the word "yellow" in their titles.
When we all sat down to dinner, a video played in which various staff members sent a personal message to each honored employee. Core Team members said a few words of thanks to each member of their teams who were celebrating 5+ years.
And last but certainly not least, each of us received a hand-stitched book of yellow notes from staff all over the organization. Mine brought me to tears, some of the messages were so heartfelt.
I'm on the Recognition Committee that was responsible for planning the dinner. Although I wasn't super-involved with planning it I had some insight into the committee's plans for the dinner - but even with my insider knowledge I didn't anticipate how special the evening was going to be.
Thanks, LIVESTRONG - I look forward to making lots more memories.
I can't wait to hear more about it. What a lovely treat. Six years already? Wow, time flies.
Lauren said...
January 18, 2011 at 8:47 PM