Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

For months I have been thinking about setting a big goal, and today I set it. I signed up for the LIVESTRONG Austin Half Marathon.



Here's why:

1. For a long time I have thought about setting a big goal to achieve before my 35th birthday. When LIVESTRONG became the title sponsor of the Austin Marathon and Half Marathon, it seemed like a perfect year to sign up with Team LIVESTRONG.

2. To lose my baby weight. Let's face it...if I don't start exercising, then as soon as I stop breastfeeding I am going to be sorry.

3. To raise money for LIVESTRONG in memory of my mom and in honor of Sadie. I can't think of a better reason than this.

So here I go. I am going to run/walk the half marathon. I started working on my training calendar, and the first thing I did was to plan out all my rest days.

Starting a few months from now I will train 4 days a week using the gym at work during the week and taking one of the girls in the jogging stroller on Saturday mornings.

In the meantime I plan to walk a couple times a week to remind my body what it's like to be mobile. It's been awhile.

I am excited! And I'm a little intimidated to get started, but I know I will be proud of myself when I cross the finish line.

If you want to support my goal by making a donation, thank you! You can visit my fundraising page here.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home