This Saturday is my cousin Lauren's wedding, and my extended family is coming to Austin for the weekend. I can't wait to see everyone and for them to see Larkin and Layne.
At the wedding my cousin is offering babysitting in the hospitality suite upstairs, which is awesome because I was struggling with wanting the girls to be in family pictures but knowing they are way too young to attend.
This way Matt and I can go get them for pictures, and the rest of the evening they can play with the other kids. I picked out pretty dresses for Larkin and Layne and it will be fun to dress them up cute, and then they'll change into their jammies for playtime.
Larkin is very excited about the wedding. We have been talking about it since Sunday, and we pulled out her party dress and looked at Mommy and Daddy's wedding pictures.
She is so excited, in fact, that this morning when I got her out of her crib and asked if she was ready to go to school, she said no - she wanted to go to the wedding. She actually cried halfway to school because she wanted to go to the wedding.
It's hard to explain to a 2 year-old that we are going to the wedding on Saturday and that today is only Tuesday. She has no concept of days of the week. She truly has no idea what a wedding is - but no matter, she is excited.
Hopefully that means that on Saturday she will happily get dressed in her party dress and patent leather shoes to celebrate with family at her first wedding.
0 comments:
Post a Comment