Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

Teacher Appreciation Day

As a member of the Parent Advisory Council at Larkin's school, I have spent the past few months working on Mainspring's Teacher Appreciation Day, which was today.

Every year PAC organizes this day to recognize the teachers and staff for their hard work by organizing a breakfast and lunch for everyone and bringing in someone to do massages or pedicures for anyone who wants one.

This year I presented to PAC the idea of creating holiday gift bags with donated items to give each of the teachers a thoughtful gift, in addition to serving them breakfast/lunch and offering massages.

There are a ton of local businesses in south central Austin near Larkin's school, and I was hopeful we could have enough items donated to create 30 gift bags with a decent amount of items.

A few of the PAC members got into the idea and helped me secure donations, and we ended up with 30 gift bags with $25-$30 worth of items in each. Plus, we held a raffle and had enough additional items donated for each teacher or staff member to win something extra.

The teachers and staff at Mainspring are wonderful, and I loved being so involved in thanking them for their hard work.

And now I am already thinking of ways to make Teacher Appreciation Day even better next December.

1 comments:

I've so enjoyed reading about your parenting and volunteer work and was blown away to know you were working on continuing education, all while remodeling. Talk about superwoman! I'm so impressed and glad that the Mainspring teachers could benefit from your hardwork and creativity.

December 12, 2009 at 1:27 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home