My first PAC meeting

Today I attended my first Parent Advisory Council meeting at Larkin's daycare, Mainspring Schools.

The Parent Advisory Council is made up of parents who want to be involved with Mainspring and is led by Nadine, the social worker on staff, who I really like and respect.

There were two other parents at the meeting, one of whom is Larkin's classmate Andrew's mom. Seems there are generally about half a dozen or so parents on the committee at a given time, but participation slowed down a bit over the summer.

We discussed some ongoing projects like the parent survey results and how the school is responding to parent feedback, the park across the street from the school that we're trying to adopt and build a butterfly garden and teacher appreciation day later in the year.

I really enjoyed the meeting!

Volunteering in the community has always been important to me, but when I was pregnant with Larkin I stopped volunteering with the Komen Austin Race for the Cure because I got too overwhelmed with everything going on at that time.

Lately I have been wanting to find some volunteer work that would be meaningful and would fit into my working mom schedule.


Supporting Larkin's school with the PAC may just be the right opportunity. They meet once a month and offer childcare during meetings.

Matt and I appreciate so much the care Larkin receives at Mainspring, and I love the idea of giving back in this way.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home