A blog emergency

Today at work I spent the first hour of my day on the verge of tears. Verge? No, there were actual tears.

I tried to make some blog updates and did something wrong and thought I had lost my blog completely.

An amazingly helpful co-worker came to my rescue and was able to use his HTML know-how to bring my blog back to life. Thank you, Brian.

But before that, while I tried unsuccessfully to fix my blog, and during my attempts to focus on work while he ultimately fixed it...all I could think about was the possible loss of the hundreds of posts on which I have captured some of the most precious moments of the past 21 months.

Maintaining this blog means more to me than just having a way to share the cute things Larkin does or to show how big she's growing or to document my pregnancy with BL or No. 2.

It's also a place for me to share my truest emotions about pregnancy and parenting - all the pride, anxiety and hope that comes with being a mommy. Writing on my blog enables me to relive the happy events and helps me work through the fears.

So it sure would be a shame to lose it.

I need to print all my blog posts to-date and file them somewhere safe, and I'm sure there is a way to import or export or somehow save the HTML code on a DVD. That's a new project for me to begin looking into.

In the meantime, I will refrain from attempting any big changes to my blog that might put it in danger of breaking.


I'll just keep updating my blog with the latest goings-on with Larkin, Matt and our baby-to-be.

3 comments:

I've heard of ways to print your blog into a hard bound book... here's a site that does it (I'm sure there are many) http://www.blurb.com/ - I'm so glad Brian was able to help.

September 29, 2009 at 6:56 AM  

I'm using Blurb.com to convert my blog to a book right now. Even if you don't want to turn it into a book, it is easy to pull all of your content into a book format and print all at once. Other options for making a book are Lulu.com and www.blog2print.com.

I think this is what my girls are going to get instead of the artsy craftsy scrapbooks I used to do. Digital is the way to go! As soon as I get my book done, I'm going to blog on it with lessons learned. Glad you saved the day!

September 29, 2009 at 1:16 PM  

Whoa, blog2print looks really easy to use! I'm thinking maybe I should make a book of Aurora's first year... perhaps a yearly blog book is in order :) I'll let you know if I do it.

September 29, 2009 at 5:10 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home