Today is Larkin's 10-month birthday. What a grown-up girl she is becoming!

Larkin bear-crawls around the house and she is fast. Everytime I see her on her hands and feet barreling down the hall or into the kitchen to splash in Joey's water bowl I think any minute she is just going to stand up and start walking.

She's probably not too far off from walking, actually. She stands on her own without support, and a few times she has taken a step or two before losing her balance or just sitting down on her tush. It's a good thing she wears a diaper - it's good padding! Also, if we hold one or both of her hands she will take some steps.

And she claps! It's so much fun to cheer "yay!" and watch her clap her hands. She also continues to wave hello and is starting to associate waving with "bye-bye" too.

Larkin definitely understands the word "no!" which she typically hears when she has one hand almost in Joey's water bowl or when she reaches for her nightlight. It startles her and she stops what she's doing for a moment, and then she tries again until we remove or distract her from whatever she was trying to do.

Larkin eats roughly every couple of hours, alternating between a bottle of breast milk/formula and solid food. Just in the past week or so she has shown less interest in the jars of food we give her for every other meal. She likes yogurt, cheese, carrots, peaches and puffs, and I look forward to trying out some new foods with her this coming month.

I've cut back nursing her to just twice a day, in the morning and at night, and I'm down to pumping only once a day. I'm pleased to have made it this long still nursing her at all, and cutting back plus supplementing with formula has relieved a good deal of stress.

Finally - finally! - Larkin is officially sleeping through the night. We put her to bed between 7:30 and 8:00 p.m. and she wakes up between 6:30 and 7:00 a.m. most mornings (sometimes a little earlier, unfortunately for Mommy).

Her baby babble has expanded from just "dadadadada" to also include "lalalalalalala" and "nananananana" as well as some "dalayalalanadaya" mish-mashes of syllables. I might have heard "mamamamama" a couple of times but I'm not certain if it was just wishful thinking.

Larkin has two top teeth and two bottom teeth. I haven't felt any new teeth starting to poke through her gums yet. I miss her no-teeth gummy smile, but this new smile is awfully cute, too.

New this month is Larkin's complete and utter hatred for having her diaper changed. I don't understand it, but nearly every time Matt or I change her diaper she twists and turns and screams her head off until we're finished. That makes changing the super-poopy diapers especially fun.

Here is this month's photo with Racky and Pooh:


I was lucky to get that shot. Most of this month's Racky and Pooh photos looked more like this:


Here are some other photos from throughout the past month:

4 comments:

Riley is doing the diaper thing too! We've noticed it's only on her diaper pad upstairs. Downstairs, she's much easier to handle. Why? I have no idea.

June 8, 2009 at 9:38 AM  

Aurora went through a squirmey diaper changing stage where it was like trying to change a tornado, then she'd let me take it off but quickly make a run for it once she was naked, and now she just lays there and lets me do it. So... hopefully it'll pass!

Larkin's got such a personality going! She makes the best faces! And she'll be walking before you know it - which I have to say for me has made things EASIER!

June 8, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

These pictures are so cute!

June 9, 2009 at 10:43 PM  

Grandpa taught Larkin how to pound on the table at the restaurant so that the people at the next table turned and glared. First, Grandpa pounded. Next, Larkin, pounded. Finally, we pounded together. Then we did it all over again. Oh, what fun we had!

June 10, 2009 at 7:12 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home