Zilker Park and Chuy's

Today was such a beautiful day, breezy and cool, so I decided to take Larkin to the Zilker Botanical Garden.

She seems to like being outside and watching the trees move in the wind, so I thought it would be a perfect outing.

In town because of Hurricane Ike, my friend Lisa and her husband Aaron and their adorable baby girl Gaby joined us, which was so much fun.

We walked all around the gardens, and it was very pretty. I had never been before and would like to go back in the spring, when I'm sure everything is in bloom left and right.

Larkin slept through the whole thing. I'll have to take her back to watch the trees another time.

She also slept through our late lunch at Chuy's, where I ate something yummy but too spicy.

After Larkin's crying episode this evening, I think that may have been the culprit.

It broke my heart to see her face turn beet red while she wailed uncontrollably in my arms but thanks to Sadie's good advice, after she burped up some air bubbles everything was much better.

I sure hope tonight was just due to Chuy's green chile chicken and not colic.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home