Today my friend Sue and I introduced Larkin to the musical Rent, as we watched the Broadway performance shown at a movie theater.
Admittedly, I have always been a little critical of people who took babies to movie theaters and let them disturb other moviegoers sitting around them.
Now I know that they were new moms who just wanted to get out of the house and see a movie.
So I was very nervous taking Larkin to see a movie. But, amazingly, she did great!
Thankfully the theater was not very full. When Larkin started to stir, I took her out of her carseat and held her, and she cuddled with me and fell asleep. I draped a blanket around the back of her head so that she wouldn't be affected by the movie's sound.
I fed her when she woke up near the end of the first act (during La Vie Boheme), and when she was finished I ducked out to change her diaper and only missed part of two songs (most of Contact and the beginning of I'll Cover You: Reprise).
She made it through the rest of the movie with no fussiness. She was a little squirmy and made a few soft cooing noises, but she did not cry once.
Clearly Larkin loves Broadway musicals as much as her mom!
Larkin was a rock star at the show! She's ready for Wicked live I think! :) Maybe next summer...
Anonymous said...
October 1, 2008 at 10:21 AM