This evening I took Larkin and Layne to Osheonia's birthday party. Here they are with the birthday girl:

Oshe is in the Grasshopper classroom with Larkin, and her mom Monita is a teacher at the school and often babysits for the girls (which they love, because Oshe comes over, too). She is a darling little girl and always gives me a hug when she sees me at dropoff or pickup.
The party was at Chuck E. Cheese, of which I have wonderful memories from being a kid. Those memories do not include the incredible noise and clanging that surrounds you every moment within those walls. Or, maybe I was a kid then and didn't notice.
We used most of our tokens on the big plastic rides, and then I showed them the games that awarded tickets for points earned or whatever. The 3 girls pooled all their tickets and each got a package of Smarties and a sticker sheet to share.






Did I mention the noise? It was like a Vegas casino but without the craps tables. Larkin and Layne had a wonderful time celebrating their friend Oshe but I hope it's okay that I don't plan to take them back to Chuck E. Cheese anytime soon.
0 comments:
Post a Comment