We got back yesterday from a wonderful trip to South Padre Island with Sadie and Poppi.
I have to admit, beach vacations are not typically my first choice. Matt grew up going to South Padre all the time as a kid and has wonderful memories from his family trips, but I only remember going to Galveston a few times and I remember the Railroad Museum more than I remember the beach.
I am pretty high-maintenance at the beach - the sand gets everywhere and annoys me, the saltwater gets in my eyes (if I even get in the water) and I like to have a chair and umbrella.
But this trip was different. Being at the beach with my family was like being a kid again. We splashed in the waves, chased seagulls, collected seashells and built a sandcastle. Seeing the girls have so much fun gave me a whole new appreciation for the beach, and I started to understand why Matt loves it so much. I also took several hundred photos.
Larkin and Layne had the best time, and I loved it, too.
Thank you, Sadie and Poppi, for a wonderful week at the beach!
It was a wonderful time, such fun sharing the beach with our little girls for the first time. Poppi and I are hoping this is the first of many Long family trips to South Padre Island!! Sadie
Anonymous said...
October 18, 2011 at 5:20 PM