Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

Layne is 1 year old - Feb 19

One year ago our baby Layne was born, and since then what an incredible amount of joy she has brought into the lives of everyone who knows her.



She is, by nature, perfectly content and always smiling. My heart swells when she reaches up to be held, lays her head on my shoulder or cuddles in my lap. I love to hear her call me "ma-ma-ma" or say "da-da-da," and I love how excited she gets when I walk into a room. Just look how her smile lights up her entire face.



To celebrate Layne's 1st birthday, we had a party with a ladybug theme.



Layne dressed for the occasion.



Family and a few special friends came to Layne's party.











Before we sang and had birthday cake, I had to take Layne's 1-year Pooh and Racky photo...while she was still clean.



Then Layne enjoyed her ladybug cupcake.





We opened presents, and Larkin helped when Layne lost interest.









Layne got a Pottery Barn Kids chair with her name on it. Layne loves sitting in Larkin's chair, and she is very happy to have her own.



Just to remind everyone that she has one, too, Larkin lugged her chair out of her room, and the kids had fun climbing all over them both.







Look who's happy to be 1 year old today!



Happy birthday to our sweet, sweet girl.

Daddy, Larkin and I love you so much.



2 comments:

Okay, you're right... this post deserves to be up for awhile - I actually hadn't seen it yet! Such great pictures - happy birthday, Layne - such a big girl!!!

February 24, 2011 at 10:27 PM  

Reading this post brought tears to my eyes (yes, I'm still on Team Sensitive) but I'm so proud of you and honored to be part of your experience. xoxo

March 7, 2011 at 11:07 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home