This morning was straight out of The Money Pit. Patience.
We had overflowing toilets forming a river in my bathroom, plumbing issues with the pipes outside and an ineffective plunger-er (um, me).
Plus, an inexperienced Spanish speaker (me again) trying to communicate to our housekeeper and her sister how to navigate the plastic wrap and randomly placed furniture to get to the cleaning supplies under the kitchen sink.
Pandemonium.
Driving away from the house to go to work was a relief.
Matt said it didn't get much better while he worked from home all day. He emailed me around lunchtime:
It’s a mad house here. They’re pouring concrete in an hour. Samuel is installing cabinets, Veronica and her sister are cleaning. Joey is running around. I am making sales calls. Michael (our contractor) is dropping by.
Later he informed me that the foundation guys were going to be working until 10 p.m. and that it would be noisy until around 8 p.m.
This afternoon/evening it was easy to keep Larkin busy away from the house because I had a Parent Advisory Council meeting at her school until 7 p.m. Then we stopped at Galaxy Cafe' to share some pasta with chicken and veggies for dinner.
I was nervous pulling up to the house, unsure of what I would see inside. We opened the door, and...
Peace.
No plastic wrap. No dirt morsels or plaster pieces littering the floor. No furniture roadblocks or dangerous equipment hazards.
And not only that...but we have a bar, and I have cabinets and drawers!

They're not yet painted, and the kitchen still needs to be cleaned, and the countertops will be installed next week - but I wish I could start putting things away right now.
0 comments:
Post a Comment