Our first baby gift

I have a feeling that being pregnant will mean experiencing new "firsts" all the time. I've had a few so far: first feelings of tenderness in weird places, first baby sighting on a sonogram, first sudden hits of intense morning sickness that require Matt to pull the car over immediately.

This weekend was no exception, when Aunt Lala and Uncle Brian gave us our first baby gift - an adorable white baby blanket with burnt orange trim and a Longhorn embroidered in the corner. Soft, super cute and perfect for BL, as Matt and I both went to UT.

But wow, that was a bizarre feeling - opening a gift for our baby-to-be. Unlike the "preparing for your baby" books that Sadie gave us, this gift will be used by a teeny tiny someone who is just beginning to form and develop. How surreal. It is fun to imagine wrapping the blanket around...who?

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home