At first glance, this photo of Layne is nothing special. It's the type of photo I would typically delete from my Blackberry to make room for better photos in the future.



If you look closely, you can sort of see that Layne is wearing a gold shoe and a pink boot. She had put them on herself, and I thought it was so cute that I grabbed my phone to take a photo.

Then my phone rang, and it was Stephanie. I answered the phone mid-conversation like we often do, as though we have already been talking and we're just changing the subject.

Me: Layne is wearing one sparkly gold shoe and one pink boot.

Steph: Well, I'm wearing a diamond ring!

Stephanie and Geoff are engaged! I am so, so thrilled for them. What a wonderful couple they are, and Matt and I couldn't be happier that Geoff is joining our family.

And so, although this photo certainly isn't the best in terms of composition or technique, it is very special to me because it was taken at the exact moment I found out the best news...that my little sister is getting married.

Congratulations, Stephie and Geoff! We love you both and are so happy for you!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home